Our participating principles, as set out below, are included in our constitution. These show how we will secure public involvement in the planning, development and consideration of proposals for change along with decisions affecting the operation of commissioning arrangements. It provides a framework to ensure that the views and needs of the public are obtained prior to making decisions about how the care provided to them is delivered through:
- Working in partnership with patients and the local community to secure the best care for them.
- Adopting engagement activities to meet the specific needs of the different groups and communities.
- Publicising opportunities to engage with us.
- Involving the local population in the planning of commissioning arrangements within the CCG.
- Clearly communicating and explaining any changes to service delivery and impact on the population.
- Clearly communicating the impact of engagement and influence upon our commissioning decisions
- Publishing up to date information about health services on the group’s website and through other media.
- Developing feedback mechanisms and encouraging and acting on feedback.
- Delegating responsibility to the group’s Governing Body to ensure that effective public involvement mechanisms are designed, developed and implemented.
- Requiring the Governing Body to report to and provide assurance to the group on how public involvement has been secured and influenced the decision making.
- Including in the published annual plan evidence that this involvement has occurred.
Our Communications and Engagement Strategy sets out how we will engage with patients and the public in our area. It guides how we will:
listen to you
learn from your experiences
use this insight to guide what we do
Our population within Harrogate and Rural District should be part of the process that influences the commissioning decisions about local health services. This strategy will also look at the CCG’s relationship with its key stakeholders and how it will involve and listen to these interested parties.
Click here to download a copy of our strategy
Our communications and engagment workplan for 2018/19 can be read along side our strategy.